It’s summer and that means that almost everything in our household gets made on the barbecue. There’s nothing better than doing 15 minutes of prep inside and then moving out to the patio and just sitting and relaxing outside while cooking up your dinner. Well, I don’t think there’s much better. It really is the little things sometimes.
This meal is so delicious and it’s fresh and light which is really nice when it gets really hot out. I’m really loving lime lately. My favourite drink is club soda and lime (so refreshing!) so I have a lot of limes in the house. I think I may have gone overboard when I bought them so I needed to think of some recipes for them. This recipe ended up tasting so good that I really don’t think I’ll have trouble using the rest of the limes.
- 6 chicken thighs
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups hopped kale
- 1 package white mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- Mix lime juice, cilantro, and 1 tablespoon each garlic and oil. Pour over chicken and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes. 1 hour or overnight is best.
- Mix vegetables, remaining oil and garlic, red pepper flakes and balsamic vinegar together.
- Turn BBQ on to medium-high heat and cook chicken for about 7 minutes per side. You can put your veggies on at the same time (in a grill basket) and stir regularly until the veggies are tender.
And it’s as easy as that. In the summer it’s all about easy recipes that take as little prep time as possible. Well, this certainly fits the bill. Make it this weekend and let me know how you like it!